Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Much ado about... a sink

Okay, the reason we're not moving into the new house until next week, and the reason there was so much stress and waiting on the closing, was that the sinks were too short.
I know that might not sound like a big deal to some, but it is to me. Chris didn't notice because he's so tall that all sinks are short.
It bothered me when they first got but in, but no one listened/believed me. I finally got to measure the sinks in the new house, the ones in our current rental, and the ones in the model home. The sinks in the new house were 2.5-3 inches shorter than the rest. I tried to tell people, but they just brushed me off.
Finally, the day before closing, I told them we weren't going to close unless they promised to solve this problem. I didn't expect them to fix it that day, I just wanted a contract stating that they would soon fix it.
There was much arguing that I wasn't directly a part of. They tried offering us installation of fans, and grannet to put as a breakfast bar. I said "those are great, but I still want the sinks fixed... In fact I just want the sinks fixed. I don't care about the other stuff. We were planning on doing that ourselves anyway."
They finally, begrudgingly, agreed. But they said we couldn't move anything in until they were completely done, for liability sake. We agreed, it makes sense.
I just hate that it took me being so bitchy for it to get fixed. I'll just be glad when we can get moved in and unpacked.

No comments: