Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Moving On

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
- Isaiah 43:18-19


Free me from the past, Lord. I spend too much time there. Good times that have come and gone replay in my mind so often that I miss the wonder of today's joy. Cause me to return to the present, Lord. Draw my attention back to the life in front of me. My past has nothing to offer You or myself. But today... now... has so much to offer.
Give me a view of new wonders You are doing. I imagine they are brilliant happenings. Do not let my mind slip to the past, except to count the times You have blessed me. Then I must move on. My past serves my future... it is a foundation for all days that follow. Now, I must invest my time, my dreams, my prayers on the future You have carved out for me.

No comments: