Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Working Toward Maturity

Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- James 1:4


That problem I neglected to give over to You has circled back to me again. While I did not bring it to You, I did toss it into the cosmos, and I thought it would sort of drift forever. Well, it is here now for a return engagement. Lord, help me give this to You once and for all. Then give me strength to learn the lesson of perseverance.
I require so much work, Lord, and yet You continue to provide me with what I need, when I need it. I never lack for anything. I am grateful for the times when You called me to wait, to learn, to push through a situation. You patiently work in my life so that I may become complete in You.

No comments: