Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Hope and a Future

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to Prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a faliure."
- Jeremiah 29:11

My to-do lists and the task reminders that pop in my computer screen reflect a bit of my nature. Lord, I like to know what will occur and how it will take place. No surprises for me, please. I equate the unknown with potential problems. Cure me, Lord, of such a pessimistic view of my future. I have hope... I just want control too. It is so very shortsighted of me to have such little trust in You, the Creator of the world and of my life.
Reach out and still my active worried mind so it recives and accepts Your Word. You have places to prepare me and not to harm me. Replace my anticipation of complications with assurance of security. May I start and end my to-do lists with prayers of thanksgiving.

No comments: