Friday, February 09, 2007

Sickness Ensues

I feel very sick today. Yesterday I went to the doctors office because of a soar throat I've had for two days before hand. The first day it was at night only, but it really hurt to swallow. The second day it hurt off and on throughout the day. Yesterday though, I couldn't stand it. All yesterday night I spent awake spraying way too much cloroseptic spray because no matter which way I turned or lay, it hurt. Yesterday durring the day I took off work to take myself to the doctors. I wasn't able to get an apointment with my normal doctor, so I went to a primary med. place.
I spent about three hours (for real, no exageration) waiting for the doctor to tell me that I don't have the flu or strep throat. Great, but what do I have? Grrr... doctors like that annoy me. I was fully prepared to stay for more testing, but they just sent me on my way with a couple of perscriptions and telling me I should probably take today off today.
I wasn't going to, but when I woke up... I definetly needed to. I've had a headache all day, on and off. My day has been filled with taking medicine and sleeping because the world is spinning way too much clockwise (normally it's counter-clockwise with me). My right ear hurts, and mainly my right side of my throat, too... the medicine has helped, but not as often as it should.
Achie is my body, which I think is more to do with the medication than a symtom. It still hurts to swallow.
As far as the MS goes: My left arm, which all this week has been itchy on the upper forearm, right below the elbow on the outter/upper side. When I scratch it, the area and immediate area surrounding feels numb, also the area itself. It's an odd sensation. Sometimes it's mild, sometimes I don't even notice, other times it itches like a burning sensation. In the other direction, my feet and hands are feeling better. The only thing wrong with my hands are the pionter on my right is still stiff and a little odd, I think that'd mainly from slaming it in the boxoffice door tuesday. My left was completely better, but the numbness from the itch spot has spread to my pinkie and the broad side of my thumb. It's odd how it surrounds... not up to the second didget even, though. My feet are almost all better, just down to lightly numb on the pads, thumb toe, and last two toes on each foot (which is where the numbness started in the first place). Just writing this down for my own volitians.

No comments: