Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fri-Sat

This is just an update for everyone. Friday was shot day, and the shot went really well. Chris administered it to me again. He's getting really good at it, I only felt the needle go in, and he warmed it for me, so I couldn't even tell when he took it out or pressed the liquid in. I bled a bit more than normal, but that's fine.
On Saturday, I woke early to find my symptoms well on their way past where I had been getting used to them. Lately my Saturdays have been relatively easy to bare with, and had minimal side effects (which was really nice). But this Saturday, today, I had full blown side effects at 5am. And yes, I did take all the other medication at shot time, so that was no different. I guess I usually sleep through the effects, but today I woke to go to the restroom and felt pain and aches all over. I hurt. So, I took some more alieve and went back to bed. When I woke back up I didn't ache any more, but my head swam most of the day in a weird "overmedicated" feeling. Kind of like when you take dymatap or nyquil during the day, even though it's for nighttime. So I wasn't drowsy, but my balance was off and I felt like I was in a fog most of the day... still kind of do.
So I'm off to bed. Again, nothing to worry about or anything. I just figure you'all ask how the shot went and everything about how I felt the next day, so I thought I'd document it for you guys so you wouldn't have to ask (I'm not saying I mind, I just know that I'm not always that coherant when people call on Saturdays).

No comments: