Monday, August 28, 2006

Sleep Apnea

I've been doing some sleep studies and it has shown that I have sleep apnea. The good thing is that this explains my insomnia and extreme fatigue and napping. :) Trying to stay positive. Chris has assured me that after I get my CPAP hooked up and settled in I'll have the best sleep of my life... because, technically, I've never had a good night's sleep that I can remember. So, that is very exciting... honestly!
I would recommend a sleep test to anyone... ANYONE and EVERYONE. If nothing else, it's kind of a cool thing to go through. And, honestly, do you really know what you do when you sleep? I didn't know I kicked so much, which is part of how I would wake myself up when I stopped breathing.
I look at my family and go, "huh... sleep problem? Not me!" :) j/k. I love you, Rano family, but between the snorers, kickers, and narcoleptics I don't know why we all don't get it done. It's like taking a night away in a hotel room. And I find it's always interesting to find out more about yourself.
For Instance: I'm able to put together these facts and make my own (very, very un-scientific) conclusions: a) I have low blood pressure. b) I have multiple sclerosis. c) I have sleep apnea. So my conclusion IS (dum-dum-very-dum!): Due to my low blood pressure, my heart rate and breathing slow down when I rest to a very unstable depth. Thus, the sleep apnea, in which I do not obtain the oxygen needed and wake myself up at very random times. This lack of oxygen has caused the plaque/leasions in my brain over time, and lack of proper sleep. This, in turn, has caused my MS.
Now, I am no doctor by any means, but this seems very likely to the currently drugged up (perscriptions, people!) me. But, not to be repeated to the sane public. Just a theory of a young girl.
Anyway, my real conclusion is this: Take a sleep test, it's worth the rest.

No comments: